The average person visits the restroom at least 6 or 7 times per day.
If you’re hosting an outdoor event that lasts longer than a few hours, then you need to provide a restroom. Fortunately, porta john rentals provide an affordable and convenient solution to that problem.
Porta johns range from the standard to the luxurious. Knowing which one to choose and how many to get takes a little research.
Read on for everything you need to know about porta potty rental in this definitive guide.
How Many Porta John Rentals Do You Need?
Portable toilets hold a finite amount of waste. The worst thing that could happen is that they overfill before your event is finished.
Getting the right amount of porta john rentals is of utmost importance. To do that, you need to know how many people will be coming to the event and how long they’ll be staying.
A good rule is to have 1 porta potty for every 75 people. Add an additional unit for every 4-hour increment.
Types of Porta Johns
There are many varieties of porta potty, ranging from standard to luxurious. Below are the common types of porta potty rental units:
- The standard porta potty is the most affordable. It will have a toilet, a secure lock, and toilet paper, but not a flush or a sink for hand-washing.
- A deluxe porta potty is more expensive than the standard because it comes with sinks for hand-washing, the ability to flush, and side urinals.
- Porta potty trailers are the most luxurious porta john rentals. These large trailers have individual units that flush, run hot and cold water, have ample counter space, and sometimes even lockers for guests’ belongings.
- If you’re on a construction site, you’ll need high-rise or rolling porta potty units. The former can be lifted to higher floors by a crane and the latter are easily rolled into new locations.
- Some public events require that you use ADA-compliant porta john units. These units make it possible for differently-abled people to use the restroom in comfort and safety.
The type of porta potty rental you need depends on the type of event you’re having. For a birthday or simple outdoor event, you might stick with a standard unit. For weddings and upscale events, think about deluxe units or trailers.
Porta Potty Rental Process
The first two things you need to consider for porta john rentals are how many people are coming and the best type of porta potty for your event.
The type you choose might also be dependent on a budget. Of course, the more amenities the porta john has, the more expensive it will be. But you should be giving more priority to hygiene and sanitation than to the cost.
Once you have an idea of what you need and how much you can spend, request quotes from reputable porta john rental companies. Make sure you ask for the details of the estimate because the amenities of the porta potty will change from one provider to another.
Compare the estimates you’ve received, but don’t allow price to be the deciding factor. Read reviews from other people who have rented from the companies and choose the once that’s right for you.
Need A Porta Potty Rental For Your Next Event?
Porta john rentals are a great way to keep guests comfortable at any event. But having a porta potty isn’t enough – you need to have the right type and the right amount. And, in cases like construction sites or public events, there are actual regulations you have to know about.
If you’re looking for porta john rentals for your next big event, check out our services.